Sunday, September 8, 2013

#6: sweet arugula salad with grilled figs and zucchini

[zum Beitrag auf Deutsch geht's hier!]

At the moment you can buy figs everywhere here in Germany and I looove these small purple fruits so much. Often I don't make it to "process" them because I eat them right out of our fridge :-D
So yesterday I thought, I start experimenting with figs and my grill pan and so this sweet salad came up!


You need:
- two medium figs
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- a big handful arugula
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp raspberry vinegar / white balsamico / apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- optional: favorite seasonings

- coconut oil for frying



How to do:
Cut figs and zucchini into slices (don't cut the figs too thin, they will tear) and fry them in a grill pan (a normal pan will work too, or you use a real grill instead) for a few minutes. Let the slices drain on a paper towel afterwards.
In a bowl mix the arugula with the sliced cherry tomatoes, vinegar and the seasonings. Add the grilled figs, zucchini and shredded coconut.
Serve warm and enjoy :-)

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I would never have thought to grill figs. And to combine them with zucchini and coconut? That is amazing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thank you so much!
      hehe, sometimes i have my creative moments in the kitchen.. :D

      Delete